Now that the new year celebrations are a distant memory and the year 2k9 is moving faster than a Keith Moon solo, everyone is starting to talk festival season. Who will be headlining Glasto? Can I afford to go to Reading as well? At which band do I throw my biggest bottle of piss at Download? But I want to move away from the reality of this years festivals and for 15 minutes live in a world of make believe while I introduce you to the game of ‘Fantasy Festival’…
Fantasy Festival is a chance to design your perfect festival. What you say goes. Here’s how it works…
There are 8 slots up for grabs.
1. The Show Openers – who gets to blow away the cobwebs on the first day of the show for you?
2. New Band – any band that have realeased a maximum of one album qualify for this slot.
3. Back from the Dead – OK they don’t need to be dead! They just need to be a band or artist that can no longer be seen playing.
4. Pop Act – here’s your chance to admit to it! we all have a soft spot for a pop act…don’t we?
5. Saturday night ‘twilight’ spot – the spot that they all want, just as the sun is setting before the Saturday night headliners do their thang.
6. Friday Night Headliners – explains itself
7. Saturday Night Headliners – as does this…
8. Sunday Night Headliners to close out the show – and probably this one too.
So here’s how my Fantasy Festival would look…
Show Openers – INTERPOL – They get me going everytime I hear them, so I’ll give them a chance to get my festival going too.
New Band – RIOT NOISE – who I hear you say? That will change I’m sure. I was lucky enough to stumble upon them supporting Duff McKagan and man they kick ass.
Back From the Dead – MANSUN – Yes I could choose to see The Beatles or Jimi Hendrix, but your favourite band of all time are your favourite band of all time, Mansun it is.
Pop Act – GIRLS ALOUD – Easiest category of the lot!
Twilight spot – MUSE – I still say I knew about Muse before anyone else!! I saw them pre any releases in Devon years and years ago. It was all thanks to me!!
Friday Headliners – THE CURE – Every song a hit. A pure beauty that will send me back to my tent on day one a very happy camper.
Saturday Headliners – RADIOHEAD – ‘its just slit your wrists shit’, ‘they’re too depressing’ on the contrary, they’re almost too inspirational.
Sunday Headliners – OASIS – Growing up in the brit pop years means the Gallagher brothers have a special place in my heart, and at my festival.
OK now I wanna hear your line up! alternatively you can slate mine or tell me that I’m a fantasy festival god! Get your thinking caps on…shit I left out Coldplay…
Comments are closed.